Tuesday, November 17, 2009

How long does a chemical hair straightening on a guy last?

So I'm a guy with short (1-1.5 inches), thick and very wavy/curly hair that I'm looking to get straightened at the salon.



The prices are expensive.. $90-140 to straighten it depending on your hair. My hair grows somewhat quickly, maybe .5-.75 inches a month and it grows very curly. I'm wondering, if I get it straightened, isn't my hair gonna grow back curly once again and require me to get it fixed every month?



I can't afford to be paying $100 a month to get my hair straightened, so I'm wondering how long these typically last. Thanks



How long does a chemical hair straightening on a guy last?

As long as it takes for your roots to grow back...I don't think its gonna look too good cuz your roots will be curly then the rest of your hair will be straight and it will just look too awkward. your hair is too short for all that I would just forget about the whole idea if I were you.



How long does a chemical hair straightening on a guy last?

chemical straightening is permanent and will last untill your hair grows out. then you will have to get it done again just on your regrowth. since your hair is short i would talk to a stylist about the priceing options. they should not charge you full price because your hair is so short.



How long does a chemical hair straightening on a guy last?

they formula lasts a long time, but you don't think it does because your hair grows. so when your hair grows, it will grow back the original texture. that happened to me when i got my hair chemically straightened (i've done it twice in my life, once with american products, and the next time with korean products, which are better than the american ones) and when it grew back, the top of my head looked like a poodle and the bottom was still stick straight. so i hadto straighten my hair after that. so i suggest just getting a straightening cream for your hair, and just straighten it with a heat protecting spray. it'll save you money.



How long does a chemical hair straightening on a guy last?

For a short hair cut, you will probably have to chemically straighten your hair monthly (every 4-6 weeks) to keep the straight look. That's because your curly new growth will look odd with the straighter ends--and is probably not the look you're going for. It's a pain in the neck. You're better off embracing your curly hair and saving your $$$.

No comments:

Post a Comment