Friday, November 13, 2009

Straightening My Hair-what to use?

Hi, I love to straighten my hair! But i have thick hair. When I straighten it it stays thick...but is still straight. When i had a stylist do it once, she used a product that made it thin and smooth-like the way somebody that has naturally thin/smooth hair would be. What kind of product does that? I really like the aveda line if there is one in there. (Hang Straight Doesn't Work)



Please don't say, "I can't help you" or "I don't know" Because if you do not know, you just shouldn't answer.



Thanks!



Straightening My Hair-what to use?

Aveda Smoothing Fluid-i use it every day to make my hair smooth, soft and straight



Straightening My Hair-what to use?

i use a straightener but i go over it several times



Straightening My Hair-what to use?

Go to the salon and tell them to straighten ur hair for a year. It actually works, it stays straight for a long time.



Straightening My Hair-what to use?

My friend uses a flattening iron, one that you can use when your hair is wet. It's cheap too, around $25 at target. It say wet 2 straight on it. It helps her hair to seem naturally thin smooth and her hair is normally very thick and wavy. Hope I helped!



Straightening My Hair-what to use?

Well....You Could Get A "Perm" Thats What Most People Do, Most Hair Salons Do Them.



Straightening My Hair-what to use?

I straighten my hair too, and mine is thick as well.



Usually I use Tresemme shampoo and conditioner.



And if anything, when you go to get your haircut



at the salon, you can ask them to thin out your



hair a little bit, so it may help.



I hope this helped.



Straightening My Hair-what to use?

the cream the hairdresser used could have been.



a smoothing serum, a hair straightening cream, hair protector, or frizz eaze.



smotthing serum u apply when you hair is wet and it helps hair saty smooth and silky.



Hair straightening cream and frizz eaze you again apply when hair is wet, but it has to be blow dryed for it to work. its heat activated.



works well.



my personal favorite... a hair protector.. you can get sprays to use on dry hair that protect your hair from heat.. you then straighten it and it smooths and shines leaving your hair feel silky.



also buy a good hair straighter like a ghd, or a silver bullet.



blow dry your hair first and staighten it in sections =D



Straightening My Hair-what to use?

contact the stylist who helped U when it worked the last time then see about maybe getting it thinned out too make it more managable, or try lot's of hair gel



Straightening My Hair-what to use?

Trust me you don't want to try it yourself. Straighteners are very caustic and can damage the hair to the point of breaking. It's better to leave that to the professionals. They know what they are doing.



I know from wince I speak I have been doing hair for over thirty years.



Straightening My Hair-what to use?

I've been a hairstylist for almost 6 years now, so let me help... I don't use Aveda due to diversion (although it is a very great line), your main concern is anything that has thermal protectant in it. That is what is going to make your hair smooth. A product in a serum or semi-liquid form works best, and sprays work okay. I would NOT recommend Biosilk, but I would recommend a product called Sea Kelp Serum by Rusk.



Straightening My Hair-what to use?

Well, go to the stylist person that did your hair that one time and ask them. That's all I got buddy! sorry! Good luc fool!



Straightening My Hair-what to use?

Try Vo5 Make it straight. It comes in a gel and a spray, i like the gel better. Make sure you condition your hair and use a heat protection spray so you don't fry your hair. The gel is pretty cheep, only about 4.99 a bottle and you don't have to use very much either.



To keep your hair smooth, make sure that you blow out your hair till its almost dry then iron it. Its very important that when you dry your hair that the room isn't humid, (like the mirrors are not foggy) or else it wont say smooth



Straightening My Hair-what to use?

first it helps to start with a shampoo and conditioner that help to smooth the hair, like sleek from matrix.......then you want to squeeze as much water as you can from your hair, do not rub it, causes more frizz....then you want to use a straightning lotion mixed with a bit of shine drops, bout a quarter size of each, apply it to your hair, then comb it through....blow dry as straight as you can, then go over with a good, ceramic flat iron......try not to go over and over as that can dry your hair out, use one slow movement from roots to ends, pulling down. make sure you do this is small sections, you'll get a better result. good luck



Straightening My Hair-what to use?

I have the same problem, i have curly thick hair.



What i do is out of the shower AT NIGHT. i will automatically put it up in a towel (like a turban!) and ill get dress and that way it will be somewhat dry. Then i use SUN SILK. This product is AMAZING. there is a whole line of it, I use the de-frizzer one. Its a green bottle. And you put about a nickle size blob in your hair and smoth it in with your hands.



What i like to do is loosely tie it up and let it air dry while i sleep. (Less damage to your hair by not using a hair dryer), then in the morning i take sections and use my stightener on the hottest setting. Thats another thing that will help your hair feel thinner. I bought a $120 strightner for$ 70 at my local TJ Max store. (you could also try Marshals.) Where ever you end up getting one, get an expensive one, its worth the money! After this routine the SUN SILK makes my hair so soft and healthy!



You don't have to do my entire process but try SUN SILK.



The best hair product i have bought, ever!



Straightening My Hair-what to use?

First off: NEVER get your hair chemically straightened, its suicide to your hair because it is so damaging. A flat iron is one of the few hair products that you shouldnt skimp on. I recommend a CHI. They're ceramic, have a temp dial as apposed to number setting and they get hotter than most cheaper brands (even the ones that claim to ceramic). You must remember that its really important to protect your hair. Try also using a straightning shampoo that has plenty of moisturizers, such as Sun Silk. They have an entire line of products for people who straighten their hair (I use the shampoo and conditioner and i love them!) You should always use a straightening spray before you straighten. CHI makes some, but it is kinda pricey. I use a spray made by Ion. Together w/ the CHI, it makes my straightened hair feel light, healthy and not so thick.



Straightening My Hair-what to use?

Well i just got my hair thinned out today because it was to curly and got a thing done to where it took 2hours but it will stay very flat for about 6months at least ask your stylist about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment